Coda File System

Re: Disconnected operation

From: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:56:07 +0100
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 05:06:49PM +0100, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
> With respect to what Jan said, I now have the mount point of each
> volume I want hoarded in my hoard file, and this does generally
> work.  But:
>
>      hoard -f hoard
>      canonicalize: chdir(zlsiial) failed (Permission denied)
>
> This refers to a directory whose ACLs are:
>
>      System:Administrators  rlidwka
>                    zlsiial  rlidwka
>
> Is it necessary to make it world readable before running hoard?
> I will say that the user running hoard has a coda token.

This is a directory which is on a read-write volume which is not
replicated.  Am I correct in assuming that ordinary volumes of
this kind cannot be hoarded, cannot be seen in disconnected
operations, and cannot be reintegrated afterward?  Does hoarding
and the rest work only with replicated volumes?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk