Coda File System

Problems in disconnected operation

From: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:38:05 +0100
I was wondering if anyone else has seen problems of the following
sort during disconnected operation.

I often find that in one or another directory, during disconnected
operation, I am not allowed to edit or delete files, while in
other directories I have no problems.  I do have a coda token
saved.  I can't check ACLs while disconnected, but I suspected
there might be some discrepancy there.  But when I returned
to the network, I am confounded to discover that the ACLs are
exactly the same on two subdirectories, to one of which I had
write access, while I was refused it in the other.

It's about a week now before I give the first public presentation
of the talk on Coda I've been putting together for the last few
months.  I haven't got an online version quite ready, but I
hope it will be in a couple of days.  Meanwhile, as a matter of
interest, are read-only replicated volumes still supported, or
have they now disappeared completely?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk