Coda File System

Problems starting codaserv

From: Ashwin Krishna Patil <apatil_at_eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:28:32 -0400 (EDT)
OK I am running Debian 2.2x.

I am installing the coda server in the following package:

coda-server_5.3.1-1_i386.deb

I run the vice-setup scripts and all of the child scripts, and everything
seems fine.  Then I run codastart.  Everything seems ok there, except that
in /vice/srv/SrvLog it says:

open_log failed.
do_rvm_options failed
15:07:06 rvm_init failed RVM_EIO

in /vice/srv/SrvErr it says:

Assertion failed: 0, file
"/home/iko/debian/coda/coda-5.3.1/coda-src/vice/srv.cc", line 1759
Sleeping forever.  You may use gdb to attach to process 753.

I don't get it because I rann vice-setup-rvm and everything went fine.  I
also changed the starting address in the file to x5.... instead of x2...
because I thought that might make a difference based upon the messages I
had read.

Any help would be appreciated, because I can't use createvol_rep without a
running server, and can't connect with venus without a rootvolume!

Ashwin Patil
ph. (734) 213-2003
email: apatil_at_eecs.umich.edu
University of Michigan at Ann Arbor