Coda File System

ls: Connection timed out.

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:11:10 -0400 (EDT)
I've just recently upgraded from 5.3.5 (server and clients) on GNU/Linux
machines according to the release notes, and everything has gone
smoothly.

I'm still noticing occasional 'Connection timed out' errors on my diskless
coda client, with this new version. It happens after a day or two of
uptime on the client.

I now think it has to do with the size of the ram disk I've set aside,
which is maxing out at 30mb:

	/dev/ram                 30983     30983         0 100% /ram

Here is how I'm loading venus on this client:

/usr/local/sbin/venus -console /dev/console -init -vdd /ram/coda/DATA -vld
/ram/coda/LOG -f /ram/coda/venus.cache -d 10 -h servername.domain.com &

I imagine its the venus.cache that is causing the problems. Should it even
be stored on my installation? I thought I was passing the flag to venus to
let it use the instate copy, or something to that effect.

-lv.