Coda File System

Re: An Apology

From: M. Satyanarayanan <satya_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:31:01 -0400
Owen,
  It is often said that "Success has a thousand fathers,
while failure is an orphan."  All of us who have contributed to
Coda take conflicting claims of its paternity as a sign of its success:-)

 Seriously, though, don't worry.  None of us are offended in any
way.  This was clearly an honest mistake that you couldn't possibly have
avoided.   I myself have been the victim of poor newsreporting and editing
by newspapers and magazines.  I fully sympathize with the embarrassment
you feel.

 Out of curiosity: can you point us at the LinuxWorld article (so we
can save a copy for amusement before it is fixed!)?

  Cheers.
               -- Satya