Coda File System

coda does not like emacs-20.4

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:56:56 +0930 (CST)
Folks,
        I am running coda-5.3.5 on a couple of NetBSD-1.5 boxes, one
is my server (siren) the other is my laptop (rover).  I have coda
running fine, I can disconnect, modify some files on rover then
reconnect and see the changes flow through to the server on siren.
All very nice.

The problem I have is that I cannot edit files in my coda file system
with emacs-20.4, if I try then emacs just spins it's wheels and chews
up all the CPU until I kill it.  Depending on what has been done to
the file emacs may lock up when it opens the file or it may wait a
while (I suspect until the first autosave) and then lock up - this
behaviour depends on whether I have first modified the files using vi
or not.  All this is happening when I am in disconnected mode - I am
not sure what happens if I have a connection to siren (haven't had a
chance to try that)

Has anyone any hints on what to try?