Coda File System

Re: User home directory in /coda

From: ulrich.hahn <zrsha01_at_zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:34:50 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Nguyen Dang Phuoc Dong wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Suppose a user has his home directory in /coda. To use home directory the
> user must first log into the system and issue clog command to log into coda
> system. Therefore, the user must has telnet or rlogin privileges.
>
> Unfortunately, there are 99% accounts on my system are POP and FTP accounts.
> They don't have telnet or rlogin privileges. They just use an email client
> to send/recieve their mails or they could use any FTP client to upload their
> personal web site. Is there any solution?

If your system supports PAM you can use a coda pam module, e.g.
   ftp://ftp.uni-tuebingen.de/pub/linux/zdv/coda/pam_linux_coda-0.1.tar.gz
or http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~x42/coda
for working PAM modules.
But beware of the security problems that come with user authentication
using only coda. Review the coda mailing list for details.

Uli

: Ulrich Hahn                 email: ulrich.hahn_at_zdv.uni-tuebingen.de :