Coda File System

Write Disconnected volume

From: Piotr K. Isajew <piotrek_at_pki.ex.com.pl>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:02:48 +0200
I had succesfully set up a replicated volume. I was using it for a
short period without any problems from two client machines. Recently I
noticed that on one of my clients data could not be flushed onto
volume. It appears that one client has volume connected as ReadWrite
but the other client connects it as WriteDisconnected.

I tried to reconnect this volume as ReadWrite, but "cfs wr" and "cfs
reconnect" gives no effect.

Here is output for cfs lv for those two machines:

Good one:
bash-2.03$ cfs lv piotr.prv
  Status of volume 0x7f000001 (2130706433) named "piotr"
  Volume type is ReadWrite
  Connection State is Connected
  Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
  Current blocks used are 204652
  The partition has 572682 blocks available out of 1545233
  Write-back is disabled

Wrong one:
piotrek_at_pki$ cfs lv piotr.prv
  Status of volume 0x7f000001 (2130706433) named "piotr"
  Volume type is ReadWrite
  Connection State is WriteDisconnected
  Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
  Current blocks used are 204664
  The partition has 1958099 blocks available out of 3935419
  Write-back is disabled
  There are 126 CML entries pending for reintegration

I checked contents of this volume and it appears that there are no
conflicts beetween replicas (atmost there are no symbollic links on
this volume).
What should I do to mount this volume ReadWrite on both clients.

Piotr