Coda File System

Re: Problem with weird filename not recognized by "repair" command

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:36:30 -0400
On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 12:23:07PM -0500, Dr. Douglas C. MacKenzie wrote:
> I am trying to repair global/local conflicts in my coda volume
> One of the file names is ".MIC: Fractal SBIR.summary" (a netscape mailbox file)
> and when I type:
>
> beginrepair .MIC:\ Fractal\ SBIR.summary
>
> I get an error that it didn't find the file.
> I've tried quotes and everything else.

The repair tool has a flaky parser that isn't able to handle filenames
with spaces.

> Any ideas how to repair this file?  There really isn't any
> problem with it.  If I do cfs beginrepair and then diff the
> global and local files under the file, they match, so I don't
> know what the problem is.

Netscape saved the file eventhough there were no differences, Coda isn't
going to look into saved files to see if they match or not.

> BTW, I was able to do :
>
> cfs beginrepair .MIC:\ Fractal\ SBIR.summary
>
> then copied by hand the local over the global file
> and then typed cfs endrepair .MIC:\ Fractal\ SBIR.summary
> but it didn't remove the problem.

"cfs purgeml" throws aways the log of all pending modifications.

Check /vice/spool/<uid>/xxx.{cml|tar} to check if there are changes that
might get lost.