Coda File System

Re: AuthNewUser() --> AUTH_FAILED

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Jan Harkes wrote:

> The steps for adding a new user are well described in chapter 10 of the
> Coda File System User and System Administrators Manual.
>
>     http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual/x2572.html

Is that sequence of commands necessary for creating each and every user
account, even when tied into kerberos?

It sounds like currently scripts need to be made to take a list of users
from /etc/passwd or kerberos, and generate a set sized volume for each
user.

The per-volume user recommendation is there because of the per-volume file
locking that currently goes on, but will that be the case in the future?
i.e., I'm hoping eventually there can be a /home volume and quota rules so
space is used more effectively.