Coda File System

Re: Mopunting /usr on codafs?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:53:43 -0500
On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 02:33:14AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Jan> Ehh, it is possible to move a lot of the directories that
>     Jan> Coda uses in /usr/coda, to /var/coda by modifying
>     Jan> /etc/coda/venus.conf. You can also move the venus binary from
>     Jan> /usr/sbin to /sbin.
>
> Have you patched hoard to not use /usr/coda/tmp?  It was still
> hard-coded as of a month ago.  Surely you wouldn't want that to be
> /coda/usr/coda/tmp....

No not yet, there are probably some other hardcoded paths in other
places as well.

Hmm, I wonder why hoard uses /usr/coda/tmp in the first place, it only
needs a temporary file. It is probably just as good to replace,

        sprintf(msg.outfile, "/usr/coda/tmp/XXXXXX");
        (void)mktemp(msg.outfile);

with,

	tmpnam(msg.outfile);

Actually, I just did just that ;)