Coda File System

Re: Problems on FreeBSD 4.2

From: Kenneth Ingham <ingham_at_i-pi.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:54:04 -0700
I ran into this problem as well.  Doing searching of the kernel source,
I found the major device number to be 93.  I guessed at a minor number
of 0 and it worked.
bash-2.04$ ls -l cfs0
crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   93,   0 Nov 14 20:23 cfs0

Later, I found the answer in the docs confirming my guess:
http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual/x1050.html

I have submitted a pr to fix MAKEDEV.  Since I have confirmed my guess,
I should actually send in a patch for MAKEDEV.

Coda does run fine on FreeBSD; I have it running here (although only for
a week or so so far).

Kenneth