Coda File System

Re: can't change password for user coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:28:09 -0500
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:28:47PM -0600, Corey R. Halpin wrote:
>   all other users can change their passwords with 'cpasswd' as expected.
>   when I try to 'cpasswd coda' I get a failure message (not authenticated).
> I've done it with and without tokens for the user coda.
>   I'm using coda out of cvs, last updated 23:28 CST, 6 Dec 2000.

Hmm, it works here. Could you try:

    cpasswd -h <name-of-SCM>

Otherwise change the password using `au cp', you have to give a
system:administrator username and password and then it is possible to
change another user's password without having to know the old one.
(maybe the old password for the user `coda' is not exactly what you
expected it to be??)