Coda File System

Re: Strange things.

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:14:22 -0500
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 06:10:00PM -0600, Corey R. Halpin wrote:

>   I've been running coda on my box for several weeks no.  With no change in
> the server software, and no restart, I find that the server has died, and will
> not restart.
>   When I try to restart it, I find funny things in the logs.
>
> 17:47:26 f_icreate: bitmap free at 103, inode 104 exists!

Ouch, this is not nice at all, the /vicepa partition has gotten some
kind of corruption, the FTREEDB file that keeps track of free
containerfiles seems to be disagreeing with what container files are
actually there.

> 17:47:26 Vnode 0x1000001.ce.88 incorrect inode - Correcting
>
> 17:47:26 f_icreate: bitmap free at 103, inode 104 exists!

There should be a file /vicepa/0/1/28, move it out of the way and the
server might possibly be able to come back up. Check the file's
contents, it is either a deleted file, or it is lost contents for
some other file.