Coda File System

Newbie - cfs mkm question

From: ROD <ROD_at_POPTEL.NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:52:46 -0000
Hi have just set-up 2 x ftp servers both using coda to replicate the ftp
contents.
The problem is even though I have followed the how to/admin doc's I am still
having trouble creating the mount for the replication volume.

On giving the command cfs mkmkount /coda/var coda.repl it creates a link
instead of a directory this link also appear on the second non-scm server.
I have read through the mailing list archives and I found a similar problem
where the person simply restart the updatesrv, or rebooted and then the
directory was created.  Unfortunately this has not solved the problem.
These are the steps I have followed to get at my present situation.

FreeBSD 4.11

Created raw partitions (non-mounted) for logs and data + created following
mounted as required :

/dev/ad2s1g    992239    18523   894337     2%    /vice
/dev/ad2s1h  17315063        6 15929852     0%    /vicepa

Used vice-setup & venus-setup on scm and replication server (venus-setup
ftp2,ftp1 40000),
created coda.root with create_vol

Then:

Edited vice/db/VSGB and vice/db/servers on scm (called ftp2)
VSGDB now has three entries, like this:

E0000100 ftp2
E0000101 ftp1
E0000104 ftp2 ftp1

Started all services on both servers through the use of startserver and
venus.

Then on scm:

creatvol_rep coda.root E0000100 /vicepa
creatvol_rep coda.two  E0000101 /vicepa
creatvol_rep coda.repl E0000104 /vicepa

Tried to mount coda/ftp :
cfs mkm /coda/ftp coda.repl

But this only created the link :
lrw-r--r--  1 coda-admin  nobody  11 Dec 19 13:53 var -> #coda.repl

Which also then appeared on the non-scm ftp1 server.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Best regards

Rod