Coda File System

clog : local login only, could not contact venus

From: Brad Clements <bkc_at_murkworks.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:54:04 -0500
This one has me stumped.

I have my server up and running, I had had venus setup with the cmu
test server.

I ran

venus-setup eiger.murkworks.com 20000

Then venus -init

I can't see any obvious errors in the auth2 log. There isn't an updatesrv
or updateclnt log running, codacon doesn't report anything strange.

Yet clog won't talk to venus.

ps says:

 1458 ?        00:00:00 rpc2portmap
 1465 ?        00:00:00 updatesrv
 1466 ?        00:00:00 updateclnt
 1473 pts/4    00:00:00 startserver
 1477 ?        00:00:30 codasrv
 1485 pts/4    00:00:00 venus
 1534 pts/4    00:00:00 xterm
 1536 pts/0    00:00:00 codacon
 1546 pts/4    00:00:00 ps

cfs cs gives "permission denied" , same with disconnect, and reconnect.

[root_at_eiger]# clog bkc
username: bkc
Password:
Local login only, could not contact venus
[root_at_eiger]# cfs cs
Contacting servers .....
  VIOCCKSERV: Permission denied
[root_at_eiger]#

Do I need to install the fs module in a Red Hat 7 server?

Brad Clements,                bkc_at_murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements