Coda File System

rdsinit problem coda-5.3.12

From: Jigal Weinberg <jigal_at_cistron-office.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:47:01 +0100
Hi,

I am trying to get coda to run on my alpha machine.
Whitch might not be a good idea. But nonetheless I am trying it.

When compiling I encountered a few problems with casts.
vice_file.c: In function `vice_file':
vice_file.c:52: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
vice_file.c:53: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
vice_file.c: In function `vice_sharedfile':
vice_file.c:77: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
vice_file.c:78: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

dirtest.c: In function `dt_vdir':
dirtest.c:175: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

Nothing serious though.
But know I am trying to get the server running.
first of I needed to change vice-setup-rvm line 276 .
I set chunk=40 because I got an error telling me it needed to be at least 40.

Next I got an error per taining the following message:

Rdsinit will initialize data and log.
This takes a while.
rvm_initialize succeeded.
Going to initialize data file to zero, could take awhile.
done.
rdsinit: rds_init.c:107: rds_init_heap: Assertion `(char *)addr <= base + length' failed.
/usr/sbin/vice-setup-rvm: line 300: 16575 Aborted                 /usr/sbin/rdsinit -f $log $data $parms

I wonder what is causing this.
after looking at rds_ini.c line 107 I couldn't assertain the problem.

Could someone point ;) me in the wright direction.

Thanks for your trouble.

Jigal

--
Zarq:
	Surrender all your closed sources to us.  We are Debian.