Coda File System

Re: Still wrestling clog, local login only - lotsa logs, no errors found

From: Rafael E. Herrera <raffo_at_neuronet.pitt.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:43:17 -0500
Hello,

I followed the instructions on the CODA-HOWTO to set up a server. The
only difference is that I used /home instead of / for vice and vicepa
(just because I do not have enough space in /). After vice-setup I run
the the commands it listed. I got this when trying to log in

$ clog
username: raffo
Password:
Local login only, could not contact venus

How can this be solved? I can't get access to /coda, even though it
shows as mounted.

My next question is, my home machine does not have a static IP, I get a
dynamic value from my ISP. Is it possible to get remote access to this
machine? I can get a DNS entry through  http://members.dyndns.org/ so a
full hostname can be always mapped to my dynamic IP. (eg.
curly.dnsalias.org) So, if I attempt to connect to my machine from the
internet I just use that hostname and I don't have to worry about what
my current IP is.

Thanks.
--
     Rafael