Coda File System

Re: Repair problem

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 27 Feb 2001 10:00:45 +0100
Abhinav Khushraj <abhinav_at_cise.ufl.edu> writes:
[...]
> /coda/dir4'. However, when I try to do 'repair' and then 'beginrepair
> /coda/dir4' it surprisingly says 'object not in conflict'. And then
> if I try after some time again, it detects the conflict and I am able
> to successfully repair it. Can some one explain why and what should be
> done so that I can repair the conflicts immediately.

Probably a problem that has bitten me as well...
As long as any process still has
a file open anywhere in the respective directory tree,
Repair can not set the filesystem
to this "local-global-twin-view".

So, when after a while your repair works,
some process has released a file in that tree.

I haven't tried, but could some sort
of (maybe recursive ?) lsof on that volume
(or subtree) give a hint which processes
should be terminated ?

So long,
Steffen