Coda File System

'exec' on 'ci' fails

From: Abhinav Khushraj <abhinav_at_cise.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:58:28 -0500 (EST)
Hi All
     Would really appreciate if some one could throw some light on
this.
     I am trying to incorporate incremental Coda. I am forking
a process and calling 'exec' on 'ci', 'rcs' and other RCS commands
from within fso_cfscalls0.cc and venuscb.cc. The ci is being used for
checking in files on the local file system and not on /coda
     The exec does not return as expected. When I call ci  for the
first time it creates the initial version just fine. However, for
subsequent ci's it behaves randomly and checks in only once in a
while. This behaviour is not seen, however when I am using gdb to
trace the program or when I am trying to exec 'ci'/'rcsdiff'
from a small test program.
     I also tried to 'sleep' while the target file is in use but that
did not help either.
     I am wondering if it has some thing to do with how venus is
implemented. Would really appreciate if I could some pointers on this.

Abhinav

Abhinav Khushraj           Masters Student      University of Florida
OFFICE  (352) 392-6833     HOME (352)336 3793         abhinav_at_ufl.edu
Harris Commn. Lab, Computer & Information Science & Eng. Dept. (CISE)
Gainesville,  FL 32611-6120, USA     http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~abhinav

char *p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}