Coda File System

Re: Replicated Volume Problem - Getting Desperate now

From: Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:25:17 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Froody Dude wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The only update.init script I can find on my FreeBSD box is in the port's
> coda-src/scripts/update.init directory.  When this is run nothing happens
> 'update.init restart'  both  /vice/db/VRDB and VLDB files still remain out of
> sync.  Even restarting the update servers on both boxes and finally
> restarting both the servers has no effect.

Yes, on FreeBSD we seem to use /usr/local/etc/rc.d/rc.vice to start all
servers, rather than individual scripts for each.

What is the content of /vice/db/scm on both servers ?
Also, what happens to a volume that exists on only on NONSCM ?

> Any help on this would be deeply appreciated.  Also What OS would anyone
> recommend with Coda  as our present Coda 5.3.9 with FreeBSD  4.22 is to
> unpredictable when setting up and with replication volumes.

It seems likely that the problems you are experiencing are not necessarily
related to the choice of operating system. However, the ports
collection now includes Coda 5.3.13, so you may want to update your ports
collection to use it, as it includes other fixes over 5.3.9.

Shafeeq