Coda File System

Recovering from hard disk failure on replicated server

From: Brad Clements <bkc_at_murkworks.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:35:35 -0500
I've looked through the archives and docs, can't find a ready answer to this.

I have 3 servers replicating a variety of volumes.

One of the servers has lost a hard drive that contained the RVM (both partitions) and
/vicepa

Fortunately all of the volumes on the failed drive are on the SCM.

What's the proper procedure to get this server up and running again?

I haven't backed up any of my coda volumes.. thinking about doing that soon. :-(

Brad Clements,                bkc_at_murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements