Coda File System

Re: procmail

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:14:39 -0400
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 12:07:16PM +0200, David Pettersson wrote:
> However, there is one thing that I cannot get running properly, and that is
> mail delivery using procmail. procmail keeps on complaining that it cannot
> read the .procmailrc file in my home directory, which is quite strange.
> AFAIK, procmail is run as the user it is delivering to, and such the tokens
> acquired should be valid for procmail to. But apparently not. Not even when
> I run procmail 'manually' (ie, formail -s procmail < /var/spool/mail/dave),
> can it read .procmailrc.
>
> Anyone got a clue why? (Note that it is even possible to login as eg frank
> and cat the .procmailrc.)

I have no idea, could you 'strace' procmail for me? My home directory is
on the local disk, but delivery is in /coda. I did have to modify the
maildir delivery code to use rename instead of cross-directory hardlinks.

Oh wait a minute, I didn't have to patch procmail on my Debian machine
anymore. Cool, procmail 3.15.1 already has the right stuff to handle
EXDEV errors when attempting a hardlink.