Coda File System

Re: procmail

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:52:31 -0400
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 04:56:13PM +0200, David Pettersson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 12:16:41PM +0200, Steffen Neumann wrote:
>
> > Dumb question:
>
> Not at all :)
>
> > what is your homedirectory, and how does procmail know ?
>
> I have mounted the h.dave volume under /coda/dave, and have had both a
> symlink /home/dave pointing there (with home == /home/dave in /etc/passwd),
> as well as setting my home to /coda/dave in /etc/passwd. Neither works.
>
> procmail does find the .procmailrc, but says
>
>   "Suspicious looking .procmailrc ...something.."
>
> and then
>
>   "procmail: cannot open /whatever/dave/.procmailrc: permission denied

Hmm, what do the modebits on the .procmailrc file look like?

I'm looking at the procmail code and it looks like it is attempting to
open and fstat the file before switching uids.

Does it happen to work when you add a '-p' flag? It allows passing of
the environment variable and in this 'insecure mode' it procmail will
switch uids before opening if it fails to stat the rcfile.