Coda File System

Re: newbie question 5

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:30:23 +0930 (CST)
According to tin:

>sorry one more new question,
>Is rootvolume store my data file (etc .. .doc .txt .xls )

You can but it is not recommended because it can make recovery a bit
more difficlut.

>if yes is rootvolume in = /etc/.../db  or vice-setup that data partition?

If you have a standard setup then the root volume will normally be
mounted as /coda.

>i just want to know where my data (etc.... .doc .xls, .txt) store in ?
>(in single coda server environment)

I take this to mean which volume... I think you were advised before to
make extra volumes that can be mounted under the root volume (/coda)
and store your files in there.