Coda File System

Re: vice-setup on non-scm -- I have the same problems

From: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin_at_theiqgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 17:35:14 -0500
I am having the same problem.  When I try to setup the non-SCM machine,
it fails with:

Is this the master server, aka the SCM machine? (y/n) n
Enter the hostname of the SCM machine : scm-machine
Enter the update token that matches SCM thebrain: update_token

Date: Thu 05/17/2001

17:21:21 Fetch failed with No such file or directory

updatefetch failed with No such file or directory
Could not contact SCM.  Rerun when SCM is up.

I had originally set this machine up as a non-SCM machine but it would
not host volumes.  I recompiled (and changed everything from /usr/local
to /usr) and tried to run vice-setup from scratch with the same error
message.

What gives?

There seems to be no good way to debug this.  What file is it looking
for?  If I look at the script, the line called is:

updatefetch -h $scmhost -r db/servers -l servers ;

which would mean that it's trying to fetch the 'servers' file from the
SCM (which exists, of course) in the ${vicedir]/db directory.  If I
explicitly state the file location, /vice/db/servers, I get a Permission
Denied error.

Grr...

thanks

Kelly

Froody Dude wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently installed a new coda SCM server on FreeBSD 4.2.  This has all
> gone well as to the instructions. However when I try to build the
> non-scm server, vice-setup stops with the following message :
>
> Fetch failed with No such file or directory
>
> updatefetch failed with No such file or directory
> Could not contact SCM.  Rerun when SCM is up.
>
> The scm is up and running as are all the required daemons.
>
> I have tried the same setup on FreeBSD 4.1 and this works fine.
>
> Best regards
>
> RLE

-- Kelly Corbin
-- Systems Administrator