Coda File System

Re: compiling lpw on HP-UX 10.20

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:58:19 -0400
On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:28:46PM -0500, Dimitris.Krekoukias_at_ual.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying to use coda on an HP-UX 10.20 box but can't get the compilation
> to succeed.
>
> Before I give more info, can coda even run on HP-UX?

A Coda server should be able to run fine. But as we have no kernel
patches that tap into the VFS layers on HP-UX, a Coda client won't be
able to pass files to applications.

If there is an Arla or OpenAFS kernel module for HP-UX, it might be
possible to learn enough about the VFS to write a Coda kernel module.
However, there are enough differences between AFS and Coda kernel
modules that it won't be a simple undertaking.