Coda File System

Re: unknown error 158

From: Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:37:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Ivan Popov wrote:

> while trying to access some files (may be one of a hundred?) on Coda,
> usually several days after reinitializing venus.
>
> coda-5.3.14, kernel 2.2.17, Debian-unstable
>
> I assume it to be a kernel issue as I haven't noticed it on other
> machines with different kernels. But anyway I would appreciate to hear if
> it is a known problem or not.

I don't think it is a known problem. Unfortunately our linux kernel expert
is on vacation, but we now know he'll have more to do when he gets back :)

> How much do venus and the kernel module versions depend on each other?

iirc, both venus & the kernel module are backwards compatible, though
newer veni will use the new features of the new kernel module if you are
running one.

Shafeeq