Coda File System

Re: "No such file or directory" on connected volume

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:01:52 +0200 (MET DST)
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Ivan Popov wrote:

> After reinitializing cache to 100 Mb the "no such file or directory" did
> not show up again, but the volume is still going disconnected on the
> slower machine (486DX66). A background loop with "cfs cs" lets the
> compilation continue, though.

Unfortunately it bails out later anyway with "Connection timed out".

Manual "cfs cs" on idle system makes the file(s) accessible again.

On a busy system (if compilations scripts try to go further and do
something else) it is repeated "connection timed out" when I try to cat
the file(s), despite the "cfs cs" loop (every 2 seconds).

It looks like venus overestimates its own capabilities and believes that
delays are caused by the server (?) hence disconnecting very soon.

There is still lot of free space in the cache (<40Mb used).

Regards,
--
Ivan