Coda File System

Re: problems installing coda on NetBSD

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:54:10 -0400
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:29:38PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> Rdsinit will initialize data and log.
> This takes a while.
> rvm_initialize succeeded.
> Going to initialize data file to zero, could take awhile.
> done.
> create_segment unmap failed RVM_EVERSION_SKEW
> ?  ERROR: rds_zap_heap RVM_EVERSION_SKEW.
>
> The NetBSD packages are using coda 5.3.13, lwp 1.6 and rvm 1.3.  I
> have had a quick look at the rvm code but according to my reading this
> error should only occur if the rvm was already set up.

Shafeeq found an off-by-one error in the error reporting. This was fixed
in rvm-1.4, so this error could actually be RVM_UNCOMMIT, i.e. there are
pending transactions at the time we try to unmap the data segment.

Is RVM using files or a raw device? Maybe reinitializing the rvm log
file/device will help.

    $ rvmutl