Coda File System

off-topic: NFS daemon for userfs [was: Re: Hacking coda kernel module to read file data from user process]

From: Glenn Serre <gaserre_at_spiresoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:43:36 -0700
Good morning,

Jan Harkes wrote:
[...]
> Modify/write a userspace NFS daemon.

[...Good reasons why I should use an NFS daemon...]

> Pointers? This page links to pretty much all userfs implementations
> that I know of,
>     http://www.goop.org/~jeremy/userfs/

Jan, thanks for the response.  After looking at the Linux NFS some more, I'm thinking that a userspace NFS daemon is the way to go.

The reason I started looking into alternatives other than NFS was that all of the filesystems listed on the above URL plus the avfs project explicitly reject using NFS.  Does anyone on the list have any idea why that might be?  I realize this list might not be the best place to ask, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
--Glenn S.