Coda File System

Cannot get port from rpc2portmap

From: tin <tin_at_tinwong.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 05:47:36 +0800
 hi all:

I got an error on non-SCM during vice-setup
May I know what i missing?
I tested coda client success mounted the SCM
(I using Red Hat 7.1 , installed by rpms)

Welcome to the Coda Server Setup script!

Setting up config files for a coda server.
Do you want the file /etc/coda/server.conf created? [yes] yes
What is the root directory for your coda server? [/vice]
Couldn't find /etc/coda/server.conf
Couldn't find /etc/coda/server.conf
Setting up /vice.
Directories under /vice are set up.

Is this the master server, aka the SCM machine? (y/n) n
Enter the hostname of the SCM machine : coda1.abc.com
Enter the update token that matches SCM coda1.abc.com: 1
Cannot get port from rpc2portmap; exiting
Could not contact SCM.  Rerun when SCM is up.

thank you very much

tin