Coda File System

Error messages

From: mandal <mandal_at_everbit.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:47:01 +0200
Hi
        I created the file touch /vicepa/FTREEDB and tried to run the
command again
createvol_rep coda E0000100 /vicepa and i got this error.

V_BindToServer: binding to host database
RPC2_NewBinding to server database failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
awk: cmd. line:2: fatal: cannot open file `/vice/vol/BigVolumeList' for
reading (No such file or directory)
awk: cmd. line:2: fatal: cannot open file `/vice/vol/BigVolumeList' for
reading (No such file or directory)
Servers are (database )
grep: /vice/vol/BigVolumeList: No such file or directory
V_BindToServer: binding to host database
RPC2_NewBinding to server database failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
cat: /tmp/vollist.1587: No such file or directory
Found no partitions for server database.

But indeed i have the file /vice/vol/BigVolumeList.

I noticed another thing also when i start startserver & it starts up and
then the demon dies away.I have also checked the log messages but there is
no log messages but only a single line Starting new SrvLog file is created
in SrvLog-1 file.

So can anyone can give me a clue why i cannot run createvol_rep coda
command.

Arunav Mandal