Coda File System

Reinstalled coda - error -6 persists

From: Jeremy Malcolm <terminus_at_terminus.net.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:01:41 +0800 (WST)
The problems I posted about before haven't gone away after reinstalling.
Initially venus "seems" to start OK, but after I do "cfs mkmount" for my
new volumes (by the way there is a bug in the documentation, it says
"makemount") and the mountpoint wasn't created I stopped and restarted
venus and that is when, on both servers, I got these errors:

coda_read_super: rootfid is (0x7f000004,0x1,0x1)
coda_read_super: rootinode is 4195329 dev 6
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
No pseudo device in upcall comms at d0830b84
Coda: Bye bye.
coda_read_super: rootfid is (0x7f000004,0x1,0x1)
Failure of coda_cnode_make for root: error -6

>From then on, I can't restart venus without the -6 error happening.  Is it
something to do with the way I'm doing "cfs mkmount mountpoint volume"?
Should I be doing it while venus is started or not?  Should I be doing it
while I am in the /coda directory?

TIA

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy@Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au