Coda File System

Re: No such file or directory ????

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:14:50 +0900

    Jeremy> Wim Godden wrote:

    >> /coda>cd test
    >> bash: test: No such file or directory

    >> /coda>ls -al
    >> lrw-r--r-- 1 1000 65534 6 Sep 27 17:19 test -> #test

    Jeremy> (there was one issue that was unrelated, though: cfs
    Jeremy> mkmount not working).

I'm not sure this is unrelated.  If you do createvol_rep; cfs mkmount
under certain conditions (I don't know what they are, exactly, but I
guess they have to do with whether you are locally root or not and
what Coda permissions you have), the mkmount apparently succeeds but
leaves you with the above symptoms.

My /vice/vol/BigVolumeList was also trashed, I'm not sure why.

I did cfs rmmount; purgevol_rep on the volume and started over, with
success.  Sorry I can't give more detail, I don't remember exactly
what I did, either the path to wedgitude or the escape route.

Everything has been fine since then, except that I need more RAM :-)