Coda File System

Re: Low bandwidth lockup

From: <jeremy_at_itassist.net.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:31:53 +1000 (EST)
On  4 Oct, (Brett Lymn) wrote:
> According to jeremy_at_itassist.net.au:
>>
>>In the interests of completeness I should mention that I have a local
>>coda server holding a replicated copy of the volume in question.  The
>>rest of the cell is at work.  Is this a server-server issue or a
>>client-server issue?
>>

> What about setting the connection to strong?  That turns off the
> bandwidth detection stuff...

I get about 20 of these per second:

15:28:23 Reintegrate: volname, 64/64 records, result = Connection timed out

Under adaptive it does seem to slowly wind down it's output.  After ten
minutes it managed to send two records, then back to the timeouts.

15:20:20 Reintegrate: volname, 2/66 records, result = SUCCESS
15:21:17 Reintegrate: volname, 2/64 records, result = Connection timed out
(repeat ad nauseum)

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,