Coda File System

Re: Problems with tar archives

From: Matthias Teege <matthias_at_mteege.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:11:14 +0200
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:23:10PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> 'cfs strong' makes the client ignore bandwidth estimates, so it should
> in most normal situations keep the client in connected mode.

Looks good. The problem realy looks like a cache problem. But now
I get a "No space left on device" but all /vicepa partitions are
under 10% usage. Another limit? The error message comes ever on
the same file. Thats perfect. :-) Increasing the cache didnt
solve the problem.

> > Probably not,
> > du -shk ports
> > 99M    ports
> >
> > but a lot of small files.
>
> Then you could still be hitting the file limit, Coda assumes an average
> of 24KB per file, so a 300MB cache maxes out around 12000 files.

Yes, I made a "find . -name '*' | wc -l" on my old /usr/ports an
there are more than 50000 files. Now I need 1300MB cache.

Bis dann
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- matthias@mteege.de -- http://emugs.de