Coda File System

Re: "SpoolVMLogRecord - no space left in volume"

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:19:39 -0500
On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 07:39:52PM +0100, Ivan Popov wrote:
> Should I take it so that there is no solution for the problem?
> It look like I have the same one.

There is something like a solution. However a small error in the
createvol_rep script ensured that noone has benefited from this solution
yet. Basically it is possible to turn off resolution logging for volumes
that won't require resolution, i.e. the singly replicated ones.

To get out of the nasty situation your server is in now, after
restarting the server, we first have to grow the size of the log to have
a little safety, and then turn resolution logging off.

    volutil setlogparms <volumeid> reson 4 logsize 16384
    volutil setlogparms <volumeid> reson 0