Coda File System

volume restoration - mount doesn't happen

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:54:23 +0100 (MET)
Hello!

I do not relay om volume dumps but just for the record I have tested to
dump a volume to a temporary file and then to restore it.

It worked mostly as supposed but both the cloned and the restored volumes
seem not to be accessible - when I create corresponding mount points, they
become just dangling symlinks...

I am pretty sure I follow documentation and programs builtin help and I
can create mount points for read-write and backup volumes without any
problem.

(Client reinit does not help either)

Coda 5.3.15 both server and client, kernel module 5.3.14, Linux 2.4.9 on
x86.

Any clue?

Regards,
--