Coda File System

Stability

From: Joseph Kezar <jkezar_at_doc.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:19:14 -0500
I noticed alot of warnings regarding stability in the documentation.  I
also noted the age of the documentation is quite old.  We are looking
for a highly-available file system that we can mount on a linux client
and run samba from the client.  All the users home directories would be
stored in /coda/home/etc...   Is this difficult.  We are not interested
in different cells, locations with different mount points inside coda.
We simply want something to replace NFS that is redundant.  Is coda for
us?  Can I have more than one replicated server?  Can I build one SCM
and two replica's for it.  And if at anytime, anyone of those servers
fail, will my coda filesystem be available?

--
Joseph Kezar