Coda File System

Coda and webserver mirroring?

From: Valerio Morettini <swan_at_multiplayer.it>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:14:11 +0100
> I also believe you've got the whole idea of how the replication works
> wrong.
>
> The way you've configured it, /usr/www (normally /vicepa) will store a
> directory tree of anonymous file data objects. The server's RVM will
> hold associated metadata and this data and metadata is combined by the
> client and exported through the /coda mountpoint.

Ok, i messed up the whole thing inside my poor head :)

So the only way for doing replication is actually having the webservers as
coda clients?
If i've not misunderstood again, this means that  the replication is not
full, but happens only on the data hoarded
by the clients... so if the server goes down and a web user requests a file
which had not been hoarded,
the webserver cannot serve it to him...and this is not very good for
websites :(
May i ask you an advice on a possible real-time solution? (no rsync or
such...)

Anyway, thanks for the answer, you were way too kind. I deserved to be
flamed really :)

Valerio