Coda File System

Re: problems building debian packages

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:02:28 -0500
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 03:38:48PM +0100, David J. M. Karlsen wrote:
> I took down the latest sources (5.3.17) and all the libs. The rpc2, rvm
> and lwp built and installed fine. but when I do a "dpkg-buildpackage -b"
> in the coda-dir, it complains after some compiling with
>
> dpkg-deb: conffile /etc/modutils/coda-client" does not appear in package.
> dh_debbuild: command returned error code
> make: .... err 1
>
> Suggestions?

I don't know what you did, but that file is in the 5.3.17 tarball.

    coda-5.3.17/debian/coda-client.modules

To build the debian packages, I untarred the tarball that is on the
ftp-site, cd'd into the coda-5.3.17 directory and ran 'debuild' which
does the whole thing right.

Maybe you need to run 'fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b', which I believe
is what debuild is using.