Coda File System

Mounting replicated volumes

From: Tom Carroll <tcarroll_at_chimesnet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:29:53 -0500
Hi All,

My setup has two servers running coda-5.3.17.

The servers share a replicated volume.

When I mount a replicated volume, I receiving a hanging symlink.

The ls -al output follows:

lrw-r--r--    1 70       nogroup         7 Jan 16 23:50 mnt1 -> #mnt1

uid 70 is coda system:administrators

The following is the procedure taken to setup the replicate volume

cat /vice/db/servers
scm    0
nonscm 1

cat /vice/db/VSGDB
E0000100 scm
E1000000 nonscm
E0000104 scm nonscm

on the scm, I stopped auth2 updatesrv updateclnt codasrv
	then I started auth2 updatesrv  updateclnt -h scm codasrv

on the nonscm, I executed vice-setup selecting the non-scm install
	then I start auth2 -chk updateclnt -h scm updatesrv codasrv

on the scm, I executed createvol_rep mnt1 E0000104 /vicepa.  The
process responds success.

on some client, venus is stopped and started.

Upon exection of  cfs mkm /coda/mnt1 mnt1,
I receive a unresolvable link.

Thanks in advance.

-Tom