Coda File System

more problems seen

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:20:45 +0100 (MET)
Hello.

> Bad news are that I cannot see new volumes
> located on the non-scm server that I create with
> createvol_rep
> unless I run 'volutil updatedb' on that server.

Worse than that, I cannot trigger server-server resolution,
a replicated volume is updated on scm but the changes do not propagate to
the other server unless I shut down scm and then the client begins to talk
to the other server.

"ls -lR" does not help.

When I played with shutting down and starting the servers I managed to
loose some changes (commited to one of the servers? The client had the
volume "Connected" all the time!) without seeng any conflicts.

:-/

[often I get "ValidateVolumes ... failed!" in the logs (about single
replicated volumes) - what does it mean? It doesn't look like causing any
trouble.
While playing with replicated volumes i get
"ViceValidateAttrs ... failed!" - is it harmful or not?]

Yours,
--
Ivan