Coda File System

Re: venus can't find root volume

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:48:35 -0400
On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:45:57PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Sunday 28 April 2002 13:32, Jan Harkes wrote:
> > Did you create the volume 'littlecat' on the server?
> >
> > Run the following on the server,
> >     createvol_rep littlecat E0000100
>
> Thanks. Now it says "/coda now mounted", but when I ls /coda, it says
> "13:42:56 worker::main Got a bogus opcode 36".

Oh, that's fine, it's just the kernel probing for a capability that I
intend to implement in venus at some point to get the correct error
codes propagated back to userspace when a file is closed. When any of
the new CODA_SYNC/CODA_RELEASE upcalls fail (this message) the kernel
simply switches back to the old CODA_CLOSE upcall.