Coda File System

Problem in changing user passwords and mounting

From: Jani Puttonen <janput_at_cc.jyu.fi>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:56:18 +0300 (EEST)
Hi.

I'm quite new to coda and as I started trying
to test it in our lab, I encountered few
problems. I hope someone can help me.

I have coda one coda client and one coda
server installed on RedHat 7.2 ground.
Everything went quite well...and some problems
I solved with the help of codalist.

I'm trying to change users password in coda
client. I'm using au cp in client computer.

[janput_at_fry /coda]$ au cp
Your Vice name: janput
Your password: *****
RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_SUCCESS
User name: codaclnt
New password: *****
AuthNameToId() --> AUTH_FAILED

So the vice password is correct, but when
changing user codaclnts password, it fails.

pdbtool says (just the parts that concern
user codaclnt):

USER codaclnt
  *  id: 12
  *  belongs to groups: [ -2 ]
  *  cps: [ -2 12 ]
  *  owns no groups

GROUP System:AnyUser OWNED BY System
  *  id: -2
  *  owner id: 1
  *  belongs to no groups
  *  cps: [ -2 ]
  *  has members: [ 1 12 ]

And the VRList says (though I think this has
no meaning in this problem):
users:codaclnt 7f000001 1 1000002 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 E0000100

So what is the problem here?

Another part is that I tried to mount coda as
my admin password janput. But I don't think
it worked properly.

[janput_at_fry /coda]$ clog janput
username: janput
Password:
[janput_at_fry /coda]$

And then

[janput_at_fry /coda]$ cfs mkmount /coda/janput user:janput
[janput_at_fry /coda]$

And that went also correctly. Now /coda directory holds
janput directory, but it is empty, though /vicepa on
the coda server holds some files.

VRList on coda server says...
users:janput 7f000002 1 1000003 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 E0000100

So whats the problem here?

It is possible I have missed some commands here,
but I'm not able to find out what. Could someone
help me.

If you need some more information, I will send you
those.

- Jani Puttonen

--
Jani Puttonen