Coda File System

Re: CODA Scalability

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:54:52 -0400
I can't seem to write a large email without messing things up.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 01:40:38PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> Flaky Windows 95/98 clients. The latest Windows client is using an
> external filesystem development kit (from OSR), and seems to be getting
> pretty reliable.

Almost forgot to mention that the OSR-FSDK based Coda clients work on
Windows 2000, NT, and XP.

> Phil Nelson implemented private mappings about 2 years ago. This greatly
> increases large server startup times. And only dirtied pages have to go

Greatly decreases the startup time of large servers. i.e. It avoid the
trashing stage when the size of the RVM data partition is > 50% of
available memory. It is enabled by adding 'mapprivate=1' to
/usr/coda/venus.conf (client) or /usr/coda/server.conf (server)