Coda File System

Re: Re: authenticatio problem

From: Sagar Shukla <sshukla_at_telegenisys.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 01:59:43 +0530
Hi Jan,
    Thank you for your response.

I even tried configuring the coda-client on a redhat server. Which gave
me the facility of clog and not kclog. But still I got the same error.

I think you have not gone through my other observations, which doesnot
show dependency with kerberos.

Thanks,
Sagar.

 >> ???(1) I get the following error on the client when I try to connect
it through "clog" command :
<http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2002/4488.html#4491qlink1>
 >> # kclog -host mars.telegenisys.com -coda admin
 >> username: admin
 >> Password: changeme
 >> Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).
 >> #

 > Our authentication database doesn't contain/deal with any kerberos
passwords.

 > kclog simply runs 'kinit' with the specified username and obtains
kerberos credentials. It then
 > passes these credentials to kauth on the server that validates it
with the kerberos servers.