Coda File System

Re: NetBSD 1.6?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:12:48 +0930
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:45:43PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> One is that venus starts up and then hangs after printing the 'getting
> root volume info' line, and a ^C causes it to print 'Venus
> starting...' and start sort of working.

Yes, I reported that to Phil Nelson (hi Phil :-) a while back.  After
the SIGINT is sent things should work fine.  They do for me.  Also, if
you wait long enough (I have not determined how long is long enough
but in the order of 5 to 10 minutes or so) then venus will wake up by
itself.

> The other is that while 'cfs lv /coda' works, other operations, like
> 'ls /coda' seem to hang.

Yes, it does, but if you hit venus with a SIGINT then the ls will wake
up and produce the right result.  The other funny I have noticed is
that "df" is supposed to show meaningful results - it does do this but
only after the coda fs has been accessed.

> Any clues?  Has anyone run coda on netbsd 1.6?

I run Coda on a post 1.6 -current, apart from the abovementioned
quirks it seems to work fine for me.

> Coda from cvs in the
> last few days?

No, I use the pkgsrc version.