Coda File System

coda client a7 on XP (services won't start)

From: Adrian Tritschler <Adrian.Tritschler_at_its.monash.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:27:01 -0500
Like it says in the Readme, here's my problem report.

I've installed codacli-a7 onto a WInXP machine.  Cygwin is installed to
C:\win32\cygwin.  The XP machine has service pack 1 and is running Novell
client software (in case that matters).

rebooted, ran a cygwin shell and attempted to start the services:

> $ net start coda

> The coda service was started successfully.

> ajft_at_NBK-9978 ~
> $ net start venus
> The venus service is starting.
> The venus service could not be started.